Our Training Philosophy
We offer high quality trainings that meet the recognized industry standards for challenge course and canopy/zip line tour requirements for practitioners. We customize the training to fit the needs of the organization, facility, and staff. We believe it is important not to economize on training, so we work with you to recommend and create a desirable outcome that will meet your training objectives and program goals.Our original training curriculum included 80 hours of technical & core competencies required to operate a challenge course in addition to the facilitation methods and techniques to effectively move the group through an experiential learning process. We still stand behind this and believe a solid training foundation is essential to begin challenge course programming. We understand there are certain situations that do not allow for every new practitioner to gain these valuable skills in this suggested time frame, so we work with you to meet your training goals and still provide the highest quality training in a realistic time frame!
- Basic Skills: This training supports first time practitioners, new course installations, existing courses looking to train additional staff members, or anyone that is looking to develop the basic technical mechanics of challenge course operations.
- Advanced Skills: This training is appropriate for experienced practitioners looking to deepen their understanding of supportive theory and further develop their technical skills. The practitioner will add to his or her repertoire of technical skills needed to effectively and efficiently operate a challenge adventure program along with identifying leadership styles and characteristics to effectively collaborate and/or mentor other practitioners. An emphasis will be placed on deepening technical skill sets allowing the practitioner to reason and synthesize broad ranges of information applicable to non-routine situations.
- Skill Review and Audits: This is a one-day course for your staff to associate with a professional trainer and review skill sets, update practitioners on the most recent industry information and standards, and provide a skill audit for the staff operating your programs and tours. *Staff must have received training by a professional challenge course provider and facilitated program delivery to participants.
Book a Custom Training Workshop
Custom Training Programs are scheduled at specific client sites for a minimum of 6 participants. For availability and information regarding how we can support you in setting up a custom program, please reach out using the link below.
- Activities that engage and challenge learners with an understanding of activity themes and how to apply the activities to desired group goals.
- Sequencing activities toward specific group goals such as effective communication, social/emotional skills, collaboration etc., with respect to social and emotional safety domains.
- Reflection skills – connecting the activities to learning with application to real life.
- An interactive workshop – Participants experience and walk away with activities that can be used immediately with little or no props.
- Collaborative brainstorming – using activities to support academics and review /assess learning objectives.
Book an Educator's Workshop
Our Educational Program Specialist, Jay Whitley, has more than 25 years of teaching middle school and implementing games and initiatives into the classroom in a thoughtful and effective way. He has worked with schools and agencies around the state, training teachers and staff in the use of experiential classroom games and initiatives that support community building, student motivation, and academics to enhance learning and improve conceptual retention.
Open Enrollment Training Opportunities are available for registration. All other training programs are scheduled at specific client sites and are not available for open enrollment. If you are looking as an individual or as a small group to attend a training, the below information will help you identify your interests at one of our host sites.